It is the Wardrobe for the Woman of Authority; Clothes for the Woman of Power. Fall’s 2010 fashion silhouettes are the perfect platform for stepping into your authentic self: confident, gorgeous, and in charge. I had the honor of sitting front row at Tyson Galleria’s second annual All-Access Fashion show. Front row to the action, front row to the excitement- but, most importantly, front row to fall’s amazing new line-up. Here are some Fall Fashion Tips from this year’s Runway show:
- The color palette is rich, yet not overstated; bold, but no fuss. It is elegant, but still maintaining room to play.
- There is an array of deep grays and strong monotone shades that speak for themselves. Warm browns make the cut, as well as sharp blacks, with the occasional splash of color to add interest.
- Be not afraid of color, but do it ever-so-slightly and with finesse. The 2010 fall hues do not deviate much from black, white and the deliciously warm color of chocolate or caramel, and the myriad of hues that emerge from the simple three.
- A touch of navy on black- a very strong statement and not something to shy away from.
- Gray on gray is gorgeous, when done correctly.
- Put on the most elegant of materials, layering each with one another- shades of the same base hue, yet in different textures, different materials. Fabulous.
- Cream adds a nice touch of class to any silhouette. Particularly, in the form of a strong, well-cut, sharply defined trench coat, with a luxuriously, thick belt to cinch the waist- Absolutely.
- A touch of smooth, blue, with a gray subtlety, paired with a gorgeous gray- simply divine, simply refined.
Strong shapes are also sweetly matched with feminine details- either in the form of a beautiful blouse, a slight ruffle in the skirt, or a slight trace of lace. The prints for this season range from art deco, watercolor masterpieces, to the ever classic, ever sexy leopard print. These prints are confident, the colors are rich and regal, and the materials are beautifully complex: a simple picture of the Modern Woman. There is no mistake of fall's woman: she is unafraid of flirting with her femininity, nor is she afraid of putting her strength on display. Cheers to you Modern Woman!