Health + Beauty
This is called succumbing to the power of marketing. At best, most antiaging creams will temporarily plump up the top layer of skin to give the appearance of fewer wrinkles. In reality, the claim that a collagen cream can erase or fill lines and turn back the clock is completely false. We lose elasticity and tone as we age but spending upwards of $500 for 2 ounces of a collagen cream, even if the claim is that it is a “bio-available” form, is a huge waste of money. The collagen molecule itself is too large to penetrate the skin barrier so, if you really want a quick fix, go to your cosmetic dermatologist or surgeon and spend that money on a syringe of injectable collagen to plump up your wrinkles. Otherwise, in order to be effective, a topical product must contain ingredients such as Retin-A and a stable form of vitamin C to truly be effective at stimulating your own skin’s collagen production.
The good news is that there are so many makeup options to choose from; the bad news is there are so many makeup options to choose from. So, what if you were going on a trip and could only carry a small makeup pouch with just a few items, what should you include?
There are three main types of skin cancer:
Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC) frequently appears on the head, neck and hands as a small, fleshy bump, nodule or red patch. Untreated, the cancer may begin to bleed, crust over, heal and repeat the cycle. BCC can extend below the skin to the bone and nerves, causing considerable local damage. As with many diseases, BCC culminates from a combination of genetic and environmental factors, with the majority of impact occurring during childhood and adolescence. Overexposure to UV radiation from the sun is a major factor and has a cumulative effect. Other contributing factors include therapeutic radiation, chemical toxins and immunosuppressant medications.
• To keep nasal sinuses clean and clear from any allergens in the air, try using a Neti Pot. Originating in India , you simply mix warm water with non-iodized salt in the pot and pour the mixture into one of your nostrils. Excess mucus and debris in the nasal passages will be flushed out to the other nostril, thereby keeping sinuses clean and reducing allergy symptoms. When using this product, be sure that your head is tilted and parallel to the ground to prevent the mixture from going down the throat. Neti Pot is available at local health food stores and is also sold at The Medical Spa at Nova.
- I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty
- How to Get Victoria Secret Model's Hair (P.1)
- Treatment Options for Postpartum Adjustment and Mood Disorders
- How Great Sex can be your Fountain of Youth
- Dying to be Beautiful
- Beauty After the Storm
- Caring for Your Teen's Smile
- The Top 5 Healthy Habits to Adopt in 2010
- Small Group Exercise Works!
- Flu Prevention & the Vitamin D Connection?
- The Truth Behind Your Metabolism
- Seven Medical Imaging Tests Which Could Save Your Life
- 4 Ways French Women Stay Thin (Without the Gym)
- Liposuction vs. Tummy tuck
- Can drinking green juice help you lose weight?
- Top 10 Beauty Trends of 2009
- Heather Mill with Kate Gosselin hair
- Breast Health
- Gimme Some Of That Brown Fat Please