1. Tinted Moisturizer – Summer makeup should be light, quick and easy. Instead of a heavy foundation, try a tinted moisturizer to hydrate and even out your skin tone. Press a little concealer on areas that need a bit more coverage. Try Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer that has an SPF of 20 and also comes in an oil-free formula.
Health + Beauty
THAT HONORS YOUR BODY 'S NEEDSIt’s rare nowadays to run into anyone who is not aware of the benefits of Yoga. Yoga is widely known for increasing flexibility, strengthening/ toning the body, reducing physical tension, weight loss and improving balance and coordination. According to the Mayo Clinic, practicing yoga may help manage stress, improve sleep and decrease symptoms of depression and anxiety.
If you think the pace, temperature, or postures are beyond your body’s limitations (or in some cases, not challenging enough.) Don’t quit before you get started. There are many different styles to pick from, for all fitness levels and life situations. There’s an ideal match for everybody. Yoga is an individualized practice that should be done without judgment or comparison of yourself to others.
A: Plastic surgery is about more than just physical appearance. People elect to change their outside so they can feel differently about themselves inside. The most important thing you can do is provide support to your friend by asking questions about what she hopes to accomplish through surgery. Here are some guidelines:
In younger patients I use dermal fillers. My favorite for this area is Restylane®. If there is some atrophy of the cheek bone, I inject the cheek with Radiesse® for a lift to the cheek, which minimizes hollows.
With patients in their 40s and 50s, in addition to fillers in this area, I may add Botox® or Dysport® to decrease the crow’s feet around their eyes. To soften fine lines, I suggest either Fraxel® or TCA peels of their lower eyelid skin. For puffiness, I may recommend having the fatty pockets conservatively removed via an outpatient surgery called trans-conjunctival (inside the eyelid) lower eyelid blepharoplasty.
If you are like most women, the New Year is a time when you sit down with your calendar to plan your yearly medical exams and testing. But what exactly does this entail and does your age matter? You bet it does! The following is your recommended list, by n OB/Gyn, Dr. Gloria. She tells us: Your healthcare provider will make the necessary scheduling adjustments based on your risk factors, personal medical and family history, use of contraception and test results. Immunizations are recommended based on age and exposure risk.
- Prevention is the Key to Treating Dry Skin
- Remodeling Your Lifestyle
- What? Me? Model?
- Fighting Fat & Getting Fit into Your 40s, 50s and Beyond
- Using IPL to Treat Acne
- What Are the Top 5 Fruits?
- Colonoscopy: The Dreaded Little “c” Word
- Redefining Postpartum Depression
- When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Quiet Disease: Lyme
- Summer Safety Reminders
- Tips for Optimal Summer Health
- The Importance of Hydration For Women Who Work Out
- Summer Makeup Trends
- ADHD Linked to Pesticides in Our Food: Should We Be Worried?
- Thyroid Problems: Recognizing the Symptoms of Thyroid Disease
- Infertility Options: Who to Turn to, Where to Go
- Skin and Beauty Myths
- Heart-Rate Monitors
- Preventing Melanoma