What face shape do you have? That’s easy, pull all of your hair back into a tight ponytail or use a headband if your hair is short, and look straight into a mirror. Take your lipstick and outline your face on the mirror (don’t worry a little Windex will take it right off). Start by outlining your forehead, go around your cheeks, and down to your chin. Most likely your face shape wall fall into one of these categories: oval, round, square, heart-shaped or long.
Health + Beauty
You may have heard in the news of Michael Douglas’ battle with throat cancer, but he is not alone in this fight: more than 100 new individuals will be diagnosed with oral cancer each day.
What may be even more alarming is that it kills one person every hour of every day, a trend that has been consistent for more than 40 years.
Free classes − full to capacity − went on all day. The wide diversity of classes included everything from Beginners Yoga to Rocket Yoga to Synergy Yoga for the family to a special therapeutic class of Yoga for the Lower Back. The Reston kick-off was followed by a week of more than 100 free and discounted yoga classes and events held in studios and wellness centers through out the area.
What is CRP? The J Journal of Periodontology reported that inflammatory effects from periodontal disease−a chronic bacterial infection of the gums−cause oral bacterial byproducts to enter the bloodstream and trigger the liver to make proteins such as CRP that inflame arteries and promote blood clot formation. This chronic inflammation is also linked conclusively to other chronic conditions such as diabetes, pregnancy complications, respiratory conditions and even cancer.
Everyday styling products such as hair spray, gel and leave-in conditioner can cause a build-up over time. Add to that chlorine, and other “gunk” found in the ocean or lake and it’s no wonder your hair looks flat and dull. Regular shampoos alone cannot remove all of the build-up that ‘s weighing your hair down.
You are a well-known gynecologist in the Northern Virginia area, you were also an obstetrician, what made you decide to end that part of your business?
I have been delivering babies in the private practice setting for the past 11 years. It has been both humbling and rewarding to actively participate in this life-changing event with so many dynamic patients and families. I decided to phase out the obstetric part of my practice this year. Practicing obstetrics is particularly stressful due to the nature of the specialty. The unpredictable schedule makes it rather challenging when it comes to lifestyle, particularly when that lifestyle involves being both a business owner and a parent. I decided to eliminate obstetrics from my practice in an effort to create balance in my life.
1. Tinted Moisturizer – Summer makeup should be light, quick and easy. Instead of a heavy foundation, try a tinted moisturizer to hydrate and even out your skin tone. Press a little concealer on areas that need a bit more coverage. Try Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer that has an SPF of 20 and also comes in an oil-free formula.
- Yoga For Every Body
- ASK CHRIS: A Friend Wants Plastic Surgery
- The Lower Eyelid Dilemma
- Talking Sex With Your Dentist
- Staying Fit Locally, Quit Making Excuses
- 5 Things Your Doctor Isn’t Telling You About CPR
- Health Calendar
- Prevention is the Key to Treating Dry Skin
- Remodeling Your Lifestyle
- What? Me? Model?
- Fighting Fat & Getting Fit into Your 40s, 50s and Beyond
- Using IPL to Treat Acne
- What Are the Top 5 Fruits?
- Colonoscopy: The Dreaded Little “c” Word
- Redefining Postpartum Depression
- When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Quiet Disease: Lyme
- Summer Safety Reminders
- Tips for Optimal Summer Health
- The Importance of Hydration For Women Who Work Out