Health + Beauty
The good news is that there are so many makeup options to choose from; the bad news is there are so many makeup options to choose from. So, what if you were going on a trip and could only carry a small makeup pouch with just a few items, what should you include?
There are three main types of skin cancer:
Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC) frequently appears on the head, neck and hands as a small, fleshy bump, nodule or red patch. Untreated, the cancer may begin to bleed, crust over, heal and repeat the cycle. BCC can extend below the skin to the bone and nerves, causing considerable local damage. As with many diseases, BCC culminates from a combination of genetic and environmental factors, with the majority of impact occurring during childhood and adolescence. Overexposure to UV radiation from the sun is a major factor and has a cumulative effect. Other contributing factors include therapeutic radiation, chemical toxins and immunosuppressant medications.
• To keep nasal sinuses clean and clear from any allergens in the air, try using a Neti Pot. Originating in India , you simply mix warm water with non-iodized salt in the pot and pour the mixture into one of your nostrils. Excess mucus and debris in the nasal passages will be flushed out to the other nostril, thereby keeping sinuses clean and reducing allergy symptoms. When using this product, be sure that your head is tilted and parallel to the ground to prevent the mixture from going down the throat. Neti Pot is available at local health food stores and is also sold at The Medical Spa at Nova.
When the night began, the plan had been to enjoy an Italian meal and some wine while the boys watched a movie at Kindercare during the center’s monthly Parents’ Night Out. If asked the odds of agreeing to a professional, spa-style pedicure that night, I’d have answered, “HA! Zero chance, no way.” And yet there I was, my pasty white feet a blur beneath the bubbles, and an Asian woman kneeling before me quietly preparing a bucket of lotions, balms, towels and strange clipping tools.
Before opening up First Impressions, Rocio has either worked for or managed LeShoppe for Hair and Nail, Zoe Salon and Spa and Bubbles Salon. She continues to expand her knowledge by yearly attendance and training in New York, Miami and Chicago. Her hair artistry has been featured in trade magazines.
The day has arrived - oh what a joy!
I should be so happy,
There should be no stress.
Why, oh why, do I feel a mess?
Does this sound like you? The "Baby Blues" can affect up to 90% of mothers, but generally resolves itself within 4 weeks after childbirth. Postpartum Stress Syndrome or Adjustment Disorder may take effect subsequently, leaving moms feeling irritable, guilty, extremely stressed, and even like an unfit mother or wife. This is the time to seek professional support, in an effort to prevent a postpartum mood disorder. Postpartum Depression (PPD) affects approximately 15% of mothers.
- Dying to be Beautiful
- Beauty After the Storm
- Caring for Your Teen's Smile
- The Top 5 Healthy Habits to Adopt in 2010
- Small Group Exercise Works!
- Flu Prevention & the Vitamin D Connection?
- The Truth Behind Your Metabolism
- Seven Medical Imaging Tests Which Could Save Your Life
- 4 Ways French Women Stay Thin (Without the Gym)
- Liposuction vs. Tummy tuck
- Can drinking green juice help you lose weight?
- Top 10 Beauty Trends of 2009
- Heather Mill with Kate Gosselin hair
- Breast Health
- Gimme Some Of That Brown Fat Please
- A Real Life, Non-Surgical Alternative to Liposuction
- Summer Skin Essentials
- Don’t be messing with my Testosterone
- Get Your Facial Today!