Sundried Tomatoes & Goat Cheese in Phyllo Shells
Serves 3 to 5
1 16 oz. package of goat cheese
1 box of Athens brand Mini Fillo Shells (15/ box)
8–10 pieces of sundried tomato (roughly chopped)
1 small bunch of dill (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Open box of Phyllo shells and remove cellophane wrapper, set aside.
3. Rinse dill and pat dry. Remove stems and lightly chop. Open goat cheese and scoop small spoonfuls into each Phyllo shell. Top with sundried tomato & sprinkle with dill.
4. Place shells on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes. The goat cheese should be soft and warm and the edge of the shells should be a golden brown.
5. Remove from baking sheet, plate, and savor. I paired mine with a glass of Winery at LaGrange’s Cuvee Blanc.
Holiday Mulled Wine
1 bottle of red wine
1/2 cup of brandy
1/8 cup of sugar
1 small orange
4 cinnamon sticks
15 whole cloves
1. Slice orange and cut each slice in half. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, add red wine, brandy, cinnamon sticks, cloves, sugar and orange. Heat on medium for 10 to 15 minutes allowing it to simmer.
3. Remove saucepan from heat, pour into glasses and garnish each with a cinnamon stick.
Tri-Colored Tortellini with Parmesan
1 8.8oz package of tri-colored
1 medium tomato, diced
8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cook tortellini according to instructions on package.
2. Drain tortellini, place in a bowl and toss with olive oil. Add diced tomato, chopped basil and grated parmesan. Garnish with extra basil leaves if desired.
3. Dish can be served warm, room temperature or chilled.